Weight loss surgery in Billings is part of a multidisciplinary program centered at St. Vincent Healthcare Weight Management Clinic offering education, support groups, nutritional guidance, exercise planning, and psychologic support both before and after surgery. Weight loss can help eliminate obesity-related illnesses such as Type II Diabetes, Hypertension, Sleep Apnea, Reflux Disease and Hyperlipidemia.
We are committed to helping persons with longstanding obesity achieve the best results and improved health from long term weight loss.
Criteria for Bariatric Surgery
You may be a candidate for bariatric surgery if you meet the following criteria:
- You have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 35 or greater.
- You are 18 years of age or older.
- You have been overweight for 5 years or longer.
- You do not have an underlying illness that has caused you to gain weight.
- You do not abuse drugs or alcohol.
- You have been unable to sustain a weight loss through diet and exercise.
- You are committed to making changes in your diet and lifestyle.
- You are willing to continue to work with and be monitored by your Bariatric Team.